Webinar: Moving to S1000D - Best Practices in Legacy Data Conversion
Converting legacy data to fully compliant S1000D data is a complex and costly process. In this informative webinar, Warren Smith, VP-Technical Publications at CDG, a Boeing Company, will share knowledge gained from practical experience in managing large scale S1000D conversion projects.
View this previously recorded webinar to learn:
- The information you MUST have before you start any S1000D conversion project
- Three essential tips for analysis of legacy data
- Key steps for physical conversion of structured and unstructured data
- What you need to know about S1000D Interactive Technical Manual (IETM) and Interactive Publication Manual (IETP) applications
Who will benefit:
- Program Managers
- Technical Publications Managers
- Legacy Data Owners and Data Conversion Project Managers
Want to learn more about this event? Contact Andrew Wilks, Technology Advocate.
Speaker Warren Smith
Warren Smith is responsible for content development and production operations associated with delivery of technical publications for Boeing and other commercial CDG clients. Each year, CDG employees deliver more than 2 million hours in the production of complex, mission-critical technical publications and other technical and engineering information for Boeing and other commercial customers.
Mr. Smith previously held key Product Support management and industry positions within Boeing and the former McDonnell-Douglas Corp., where he managed IPC (Illustrated Parts Catalog), Provisioning, Spares Inventory Management, and Component Repair for both commercial and military programs. He also participated in the ATA Specification development of IPC Digital Data Formats and was SPEC 2000 Co-Chair for industry development of the Provisioning V-File. He also served as the McDonnell Douglas Corp. Industry Chair Person for Parts Manufacturing Approval (PMA).
Click here to view this previously recorded webinar. There is no cost to view.