In today's global economy, manufacturers face an increasingly competitive environment demanding Lean operations with continuous improvements in productivity and cost savings. These challenges are compounded, as the number of skilled engineers available to provide a qualified engineering support workforce for the future continues to decline. At the same time, quality assurance and compliance with regulatory and industry standards cannot be compromised.
The highly competitive and global environment of today’s manufacturing industry demands a high level of collaboration and application of efficient practices in the development and support of engineering designs.
In the interest of safety and efficiency, both manufacturers and operators of complex equipment have also recognized a need for improvements in technical product support information. Producing equipment support documentation - usually a customer entitlement - can be a significant source of overall product support costs for manufacturers. Since traditional paper-based publications are often not cost-effective, many manufacturers are seeking other options to deliver technical information.
CDG can support your manufacturing organization with a broad range of solution options to help you:
- Supplement your resource-constrained engineering teams with highly skilled CDG engineers
- Improve service offerings for your customers by providing rapid access to support publications
- Offload technical writing, illustration, training materials development and other engineering data related projects
- Achieve long-term cost savings by turning paper-based processes into "paperless" ones
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and industry standards requirements
Contact us for more information about CDG solutions for manufacturers.