Illustrated Parts Catalogs
Illustrated Parts Catalogs, or IPCs, are often regarded as one of the most essential technical publications needed to support any type of complex equipment.
IPCs – At the Core of Complex Equipment Operations
Access to accurate parts information is mission-critical, and can impact multiple aspects of equipment operations, including maintenance, materials inventory management, purchasing and procurement, engineering support, logistics planning, shipping and receiving, and warehouse facilities management.
Parts data management can represent one of the most costly processes for both manufacturers and equipment operators alike. Both require a balance of accurate parts data, combined with cost-effective methods to distribute and access this critical information.
Given these challenges, how can Illustrated Parts Catalogs be delivered rapidly and cost-effectively, without compromising quality?
Turn to CDG – the IPC Experts
IPC authoring represents the cornerstone of CDG’s history as a leading technical services provider. Since the early 1970’s, CDG has been the sole source provider of IPCs supporting all Boeing and McDonnell-Douglas aircraft worldwide, and is widely acknowledged as the world leader in the preparation of Illustrated Parts Catalogs and related parts documentation for the commercial aviation industry. In addition, CDG also provides technical writing and illustration services to other complex equipment industries.
CDG can support your Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC) requirements with:
- Development of IPC content from “raw” engineering data, drawings and supplier data in numerous formats
- Our highly skilled staff of hundreds of parts data specialists and illustrators with extensive illustration, drafting, and animation expertise, including experience with AutoCAD, CADkey, CATIA, CATIA CADAM, ProE and other leading engineering and illustration software applications
- Compliance with industry and publications standards
- Support of Provisioning Data that can be customized to a specific fleet or any combination of serialized numbers
- Ability to accommodate internal part numbering systems as well as original manufacturer part numbers
- Digital output in numerous formats, including SGML, fixed field format, print image format, or as indexed digital data prepared for PDF output on CD-ROM
- Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), including S1000D compliant publications
For more information on IPCs and other CDG solutions, contact us.