Lean Training & Advisory Services
At CDG, we don't just talk about Lean -- we practice it every day. Learn from our first-hand experiences to help maximize efficiency in your operations.
Efficient, cost-effective operations have never been more important than in today’s economy. Lean techniques have continued to gain popularity because they provide proven, measurable results in the form of substantial efficiency improvements and cost savings. Businesses that have adopted Lean practices have seen measurable improvements in their operations, benefiting from cost avoidance, cost reduction and capacity creation.
CDG offers Lean Advisory Services to address your specific needs and to support your company’s Lean journey. We can provide structured services in the form of defined workshops to address a particular process area or department, or we can support your Lean efforts on an hourly advisory services basis. We offer the following Lean services:
Initial Lean Assessment: High-level 2-day review of current business processes in a single department or process area to assess the opportunities to re-engineering those areas. The assessment results in a high-level analysis and a set of opening recommendations.
Lean Training Services: Lean 101 is a 1-day Lean overview that explains the Lean process, how it works, and provides a high-level understanding of its concepts, theories and methodologies. Training Modules that are included in the Lean 101 session are:
- Introduction - Know Your Business
- Lay The Foundation – 5S
- Understanding Value vs. Waste
- Stabilize Your Process – Standard Work
- Make it Visible – Visual Controls
- Remove Waste – Pursue Continuous Flow & Pull
- Prevent Waste – Mistake Proofing
- Quality Built in – Jidoka
- Continually Monitor and Improve – Measures (PBM)
Process Improvement Workshops:
- The 5S Workshop (5S) is a foundation program for Lean. This vigorous housecleaning event, a five day workshop, focuses on re-organizing the workplace and using visual controls to manage daily work.
- The Value Stream Improvement Workshop (VSIW) is a multi-day event where your team working with CDG advisors will evaluate one or more business or manufacturing processes, which will be broken down to identify critical points of value and identify wasted steps. The re-engineered processes often result in dramatic change and long-term improvements. The key process changes are captured, and a detailed implementation plan is developed to help push the changes into production.
- The Accelerated Improvement Workshop (AIW) is a multi-day event that focuses on a very specific problem area. The problem is evaluated through detailed simulation and results in a re-engineered environment where the problem is eliminated.
CDG applies its expertise and years of successful advisory services to provide Lean Process Improvements for our customers. For more information on the many ways that CDG’s comprehensive Lean Advisory Services can help solve your engineering challenges, contact us and let our Lean teams get to work for you.